Saturday, June 16, 2012

To the man who told me I was "beautiful, but not so much"

You should know I didn't love you for your macho papogi pick-up lines. That first love letter was so ridiculously brash that it almost comes full circle and becomes endearing. Or maybe you spiked my soda (kidding), or the roller coaster sick spell was not making me think clearly. ... Or maybe, you already knew me enough to know if you told me I was "beautiful, my eyes sparkle like a thousand stars, blah blah blah", I would've kicked you in the shins in a heartbeat. Yeah, maybe THAT.

I just want to tell you you're awesome. Just ask Adam. You're his hero.
If I have to do it again, I'd still give my heart to you as easily as Alpha gave you hers. In case you didn't know, you're her first love.

I love you dad. Happy Father's Day! See you tomorrow! Let's celebrate then.

P.S. If anybody here is interested what the rest of that most awkward pickup line ever written says, it's this: "You're beautiful, but not so much that it's all you see. That it becomes a distraction from all the other good things that make you who you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment