Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A day in Agrabah

Here are pictures of the little dumpling during their "trip" to Agrabah. Move n Groove is a summer class offered by Bright Beginnings Therapy Center.



that "losyang" wearing a green shirt is my reflection :)

"Move and Groove introduces kids to singing and dancing with creative moments. It helps a child improve his skills on motor planning, balance, coordination, rhythm, body awareness, and joint attention. Move and Groove also provides opportunities for kids to imitate, interact with peers, and learn language while having fun."



I made his vest and fez from a scarf I had lying around. The vest is handsewn (I am yet to purchase my first sewing machine). I didn't even bother to hem the edges 'coz I'm lazy like that. I found a plastic container whose dimensions are plausible for a fez, then covered the entire thing with some leftover scraps from the vest. I used a little glue and reinforced it with a few stitches here and there. Lastly, I added a little elastic to go under the little dumpling's chin so his fez stays put.


The unhemmed edges frayed after a few minutes. hee. what did I expect? But this dumpling sure had fun dressing up as ABU,   ALLADIN even for just a while.

Here is a picture of all the cool moms and happy kids AND their wonderful teachers.
kids from LtoR thelildumpling, Raja, Jayron, Yanie, and Hans with Teachers Paul (extreme left) and Mayos (extreme right)
image from here




No comments:

Post a Comment